Friday, September 30, 2011

Fayrene Farmer (1929-2011)

They had her service today.  Her obit is here

I was thinking, there are not that many of my teachers still living.

Mrs. Bessie Atchley,1st grade, deceased 
Miss Hettie Bell Eldridge, 2nd grade, deceased
Mrs. Joyce Conley, 3rd grade, deceased
Mrs. Geneva Waterman, 4th grade (b. Nov 8, 1907 d. July 20, 2001)
Mrs. Alice Widner, 5th grade, Johnny's wife, deceased
Mr. Wheeler, 6th grade, ? not sure
Curley White and Mr. Medley, 7th grade, both deceased
Mr. Berry and Mr. Meador, 8th grade, both still living

High School, those I can remember
Mr. Huge Winkle, deceased, taught history, was principle
Sue Winkle, think she is still living, she didn't teach me much, because I do not even remember what she taught
Mr. Rue Griffith, deceased, not sure that I actually had him as a teacher, he was the superintendent
Mr. & Mrs. Smith taught science and English, both gone, both good teachers
Mr. Sam Medley, above Mr. Medley's son, at least I think it was Sam, think he is still living
I forget the name of the home ec teacher, but I did not take home ec anyway
Mr. Kent, from Mt. Judea, deceased
Johnny Widner and Mr. Grimm sometimes taught PE as well as sports, both gone

Fayrene taught typing, business courses, and was over the newspaper and annual publication

I know I have more teachers than that, but I can not remember any others. It is odd that I can remember all my grade school teachers clearly, but the high school teachers have faded from my memory.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You sure were hard on your teachers.

Sister--Helen said...

Oh Betty..good one..