Thursday, September 29, 2011

All the news in my world


This tree right across the road from my garden has turned beautifully red, it seems in just a day.  I do not remember it being this color yesterday.  All the other trees close by are still green with just a few leaves turning a little.  I asked George what kind of tree it was that was turning colors when all the others in sight are still green.  He first said, cherry, then no maple.  I said I know it is not maple.  We have no maple anywhere in the wild here, only planted yard maples.  Then he said I mean hickory.  Now you not nature tree people will not realize the truly unnaturalness of his statement.  The three trees are really nothing like each other.  I said whatever the kind of tree the reason it was turning when others were not was because of stress, ie lack of water.  I went down to look for myself to see what kind it really is.  It is a wild cherry, the top, from about 10 feet up the tree is turning.  The bottom part of the tree is still green.

Now Helen wants to know where she put her canned lice.  I can not imagine anyone canning lice and, if I lost a can of lice, I would count that as a blessing.

Winnie Jo says she will not be able to be here Saturday for the party.  I told her I would take pics and post for her.  Then I said I would make up outrageous stories about her to tell everyone.  Now, I guess I will be so busy filling them in on the canned lice mini series and will not have time for stories about anyone else.

I am still enjoying my ebooks, but not nearly at the rate that Patsy is.  I have googled library ebooks to try to find a little background concerning library ebook lending.  I found that the library has to buy the ebook just like regular books and each ebook 'coopy' can only be checked out to one person at a time.  If they want to check the ebook out to more than one person at a time, they have to buy more ebooks.  Also, even when you sent the ebooks back to the library, the actual file remains on your computer.  You have to go into the directory and delete them manually to actually get rid of them, but your ebook reader will not list them and you can not read them or even see them with the reader.

In my search, I found many links to free programs that remove the code from ebooks so that you can use them without restrictions.  I do not know as this would be all that useful to me at least as after I read the book, either E or Paper, I do not want to keep most of them.  With paper books, disposing of them can become a problem.  With ebooks I do not have that problem, but it did take me a little time to find where they were on the drive.  And, I can say that the free program to remove the protection works on library books.  Still, I am going to delete them when I get them read.  And, I have to make a trip to sister's house to show her where to find them.  OR, maybe I will just post where they are the blog.

And, I misread Betty's blog title.  I thought it said Second Coming and hurried right over to see the great event.  Cutting, cutting.  Kenneth was here this week cutting hay also.  I don't think they will get much. It is down but not baled yet.  I don't think the deer like the short pasture.

Stay tuned...    

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You know I can't come Sat. either I am goint to Memphis, TN to deliver Frankincense.

Oh, Frankincense is a Feist pup...so you can tell a tale on where I am! Be sure to state that I not delivering illegal drugs just Frankincense!