Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Tuesday, a beautiful day

But a tad bit cold.  It got to almost 40 today and the sun  was shinning brightly all day.  I walked about 6 miles today.  I walked over to Pedens and around their house to the next corner.  Yesterday I saw a couple of eagles at their chicken houses but today it was only a dozen or so buzzards.  They sold their chickens last Friday, so I am guessing they have a few dead carcasses in the field somewhere.

On the way back, at the blue gate, I decided to cut up over the hill instead of around the road.  The dog jumped a dear out of the woods at the top of the hill. 

This is the climb up the fence between the Old Stone place and the Old Hampton place. It was a steep climb from the road.  I stopped a couple  of times before I got to the top.  I thought  it had probably taken about 10  minutes to get up this, but actually, when I looked at my watch, it had only taken 4 minutes.
 
 
Hampton's barn from the top of the above hill.
 
 
Getting closer, to the barn and to home.
 
 
 
The road across the hill to home.
 
 
David's icy swamp on top of the hill.  Our land is just across the fence to the right.  This spot is almost directly across the hill from the cave.  About 15 minutes after this, I was home.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I walked today it was warm here. Walked 3 miles plus a little.

Week goes down hill from here bur spring is coming soon. I enjoyed seein hamptons barn.

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galla Creek said...

Fleta, why are some of your pictures distorted. the one below of you that Helen tooks makes you look like a "little people" You have short fat legs which we all know is not the case as you have chicken legs. So what is wrong. Is it how your blog is set. I know you know so tell us. And...fix it if you can. One other time all the pictures were distorted. When you click on the pic it come up correctly. I think you have the dimensions set to a standard or something.

the reason there is a deleted post is that I posted my comment twice so I took one down.