Thursday, January 08, 2015

Truth in Advertizing

I have read the Bible through Exodus 25 and I am going to start looking at Numbers tonight.  I say looking at because from Exodus 25 to the end I scanned and read small parts.  I actually read very little of the last 15 chapters and I looked through Leviticus but did not read any of it.  Tonight, I plan on looking at Numbers, but I may not read much of  it either because the first chapter looks much like Leviticus.  Still, in Exodus I did read a few things that were new to me.  I had never actually read the about the Golden Calf in Exodus.  A few things about the story were surprising to me.  I did not know that Aaron actually made the calf.

I walked 4 miles tonight.  It was around 30 degrees at 3 when I started out, but I was all bundled up and did not get cold.  I wore my new boots.  They are much warmer than my sneakers.  This is the second time I have walked in the boots.  If it is not cold or wet, I will still wear my walking shoes.  I  also wore the warm leggings from Helen.  The fleece leggings are so much warmer than the others I have tried.

I fixed the distorted pictures on my blog.  I thought I knew what the problem was and I was right.  And, I have got the Bible App working.  I was trying to use the Windows 7 app and I needed the Windows 8.1 app. I would certainly recommend the Olive Tree Bible Study app to anyone wanting a Bible to read on the computer.  It works well enough, I may buy a reference ebook Bible from them.  But, I will settle for the free Bible for now.

Tomorrow is go home early day.

Here is a picture that is not distorted, and is in a folder all by itself on my computer so I do not have to search through several photos trying to decide which one is he one I had decided to post.  I could not figure out how to move photos in this tablet, but tonight I happened on the answer.  One of these days  I will figure out had to go back and froth between web pages like on a regular laptop.  For now, I just have to start all over from go, and usually cannot find my way back to the previous page, even though it is still open somewhere on this thing.



Still, I really like the table for playing on the web and reading books and the news. To read books I even fold it in an upside down tent like this ^  to read.  That makes it like reading a book propped up on a stand.  Works well for reading in bed.

Oh, and it was 2 degrees when I went to work this morning.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love pictures so glad u figured the pictures!

It is 29 now was 16 this morning, electricity was off from 6 30 to 9 30!and it was only 50 in the house.. I think it is supposed to get to 20'tonoght.

Donna. W said...

The theme of Leviticus seems to be "you have to have the blood to be saved". Yep, boring. Deuteronomy is equally boring to me. I love most of Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Judges, Ruth... some of the prophetic books bore me in places, too. I've read the whole Bible through, many times, but these days if I can't find a lesson in the story, I skip it.