Sunday, January 04, 2015

No Walk

Girl Scouts instead.  Saturday starts girl scout cookie sales.  They are $4 a box this year. 

I did do 15 minutes of weights this morning, and maybe will do a little more after while, but no time to walk.  I should have went when I woke up this am instead of playing on the computer.

I am really having trouble with the Bible app.  Sometimes it works and sometimes not.  That is a shame because when it works I do like it.

The other thing about this tablet that is frustrating to me is I can not figure out how to minimize one screen to go to another screen or another program.  If I leave one screen, even tho I do not close the program, it is often hard to find my way back to that same place.  Still, I do like the tablet.  I actually do most of my net and computer stuff either around bed time, or early in the morning.  This little thing is better suited to use while sitting up in bed than a big laptop.

Tomorrow is back to work and back to school.  It is supposed to get really cold tonight and be cold the rest of the week, with  Wednesday not even getting up to freezing.

While we were out for the scout meeting, I went to wally world and got a fleece top to wear when it is so cold in the bedroom in the morning, or to wear when I go walking or even to work on cold days.  If I like it, I may buy another one or two.  It is very comfortable.

Today, at Church, I knew where to look in the Bible for all the books mentioned in the sermon.  What started me on the journey to learn the books of the Bible was when the preacher said to turn to a certain book and I did not even recognize the name.  I mean, I did not know there was a Bible book by that name.  I am not sure which book it was, but I think it was Ephesians.  That is one of the books that I had to search for the pronunciation.  The others  I was not sure of were Philemon, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and Haggai.  I think I know how to pronounce all of them now, but Zephaniah was really hard. And, I am not sure I am saying Habakkuk right, but at least I know where in the Bible to look for it.

I am off to start on Exodus.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Paul wrote letters to the new churches. Ephesians, Philemon, Corinthians etc were all chuches and most of the churches were named for the place they were at. Paul wrote Ephesians while he was in prison. It is thought that it was a circular letter sent from church to church.

Glad you are reading the good Book and learning much,

I wish were up there to order some cookies as they r so good.

Galla Creek said...

Philemon was not a place...he was a slave.