Sunday, January 01, 2012

First Day, 2012


Coming Up.


And, going down.

Today, I mostly did not.  I did cook the beans and ham, but did not cook anything to go with them like cornbread or the spinach I bought to cook today.  The beans were really good though.

I walked up on the hill this evening.  Saw a few white tails running off through the brush but nothing but the tails flashing through the trees.

I did not buy much junk yesterday.  I saw a few things, but resisted most.  I spent $1.20 and got a small candle and a candle holder for my new counter top.  George likes to burn candles to cover up the smell of the cigarettes he is not supposed to be smoking in the house.  He usually sets the candle in one of my bowls so it does not set directly on the counter top.  I got a new candle also, but it is too large for the holder I got for 80 cents.  I set the candle on a hot pot holder [trivet?]  I have on the counter.  But, since I am home, we have not had to burn candles today.

George has a bad cold.  It is the first time he has been sick in almost a year.  I wish it would go away.  When he gets sick, I am always afraid it will be really bad as he always has so much trouble with his breathing anyway.  He sounds a little better today but he does not feel much better.  It has been several days now and I think he is tired of being sick and just feeling bad in general.  It is a new year, maybe he will be a new George tomorrow.

I did buy 3 dollar books at the dollar store.  I have already threw one in the trash.  I read one by Charles Grodin, How I got to be whoever it is I am.  It was alright for a dollar.  I have now downloaded a book Even Silence has an End by Ingrid something or other.  She is a politician in Columbia South America that was held captive for years.  I remember reading a book about some Americans that were held captive for years down there.  They were captured with a woman political figure and they had some harsh things to say about her in their book.  I am wondering if this is the same woman but so far I am not sure.  I may have to go to google to find out.

Happy Year.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy new year...and soon big 64.

Sister--Helen said...

You do not cook because you do not like to eat
:-)