Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Day Three


And counting.

Today was a lazy day.  I read an ebook, Don't Forget to Write by Pam Hobbs.  She was a ten year old child in England in 1940 when she and her sister were evacuated to a different area of England because of safety concerns during WWII.  I enjoyed the book because it told of experiences so different from anything I know of.   It was interesting to me and confusing to Pam that she and her sister were sent way across the country a days journey from her home while children close to where she ended up were evacuated over very close to her home.  Sounds like our government.

I did not enjoy the book by the Columbia captive very much.  I remember reading the book, Out of Captivity by her fellow captives and it was really interesting.  Somehow, this one was not nearly as interesting.

I think tomorrow I will go junking again over towards Berryville.  Today was much nicer than yesterday.  Today's high was 51 and low 18, yesterday was 37 and 25.  A year ago the high was 51, low 23.  So, now you know.   

I went for a walk over to the graveyard by the Stone place this after noon.  I stopped off and asked Clayton if he wanted to go along, but he had a tread mill and a exercise bike so he did not need to go walking.  I told him he could keep one foot on the tread mill and use the bike with the other foot and get double the effect.  I am sure that is what he was doing as I walked.

We saw two deer this morning down on Dan's eating acorns under the oak tree, three more this evening down in the corner across the road and two just across the fence from the salt block.  That is the most we have seen for several days.

Tomorrow, to the moon and back?  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Tomorrow...64.

Sister--Helen said...

Happy birthday sister .....I love you ....