Tuesday, December 07, 2010

My Day

Betty posted about how her day started, so here is my day today.

I woke up about 10 minutes before 4.  My alarm is supposed to be set for 4 am, but I forgot to turn it on last night.  I had turned it off the morning before, because I got up early (don't remember just how early now, but probably around 3:30).  I turned the alarm off so it would not bother George.  Then forgot to turn it back on.  If I wait till it goes off, I turn it off and right back on.  Anyway, I got up about 10 before 4 even with no alarm.  I do not worry much about getting up on time, because it is not really a problem if I go in to work late.  My time is supposed to be 5 to 2, but I am always there before 5.  Usually about 4:45 to 4:50 like today.  So, I got up and started coffee.  Then turned the living room TV to channel 33 which used to be headline news, but today, it was an informational.  I guess they changed lineups.  Then turned to Channel 3 for the Early Today.  I got a cup of coffee, and watched a little news.  Must not have been very interesting.  I do not remember anything I saw.  After drinking the coffee, I go in and brush my teeth, wash my face, put on a little makeup maybe?, brush my hair and get dressed.  That takes about 10 minutes. Then I fix breakfast and lunch to take to work.  I never eat before leaving the house.  Just drink.  Today, I took a bottle of milk and some artificial sweetner to go in my oatmeal.  I had oatmeal at work.  I do not want rasins in it like sister, and I just as soon have the quick cook, but now I have old fashioned.  I took left over pizza and a pepsi for lunch, and jar of peanut butter because I used the last I had at work last week.  I keep things like tuna, crackers and peanut butter in my drawer JIC.  I do not go buy anything at work or town to eat except maybe once a month.  I usually even take drinks from home.  Oh yes, then I took some tea bags and some hot chocolate packets I had here because I like those at work in the winter time.  I pour the coffee in a Thermos to take with me.  It is now about 25 after so I go start the truck.  It was not all that cold, and I usually only warm the truck up if there is frost on the window, but I had to go outside to see if there was frost.  Somewhere around 4:30, I hear the neighbors go out.  They work at Tyson's also.  I always try to give them at least 5 minutes head start, because they drive really slow until they get to the pavement.  At 4:35, I gather up my stuff, turn off all the lights and head to work.

I get to work by 4:50 to 4:55 every day, but I spend the first hour checking email and reading the news on the net.  Don't tell my boss, but I hardly ever do any real work until after 6.  Around 6, I start on my daily work stuff.  After I complained last month about having more to do than there is time at work, some of my daily stuff got assigned to the supervisors.  Now, I am not snowed under all the time.  In fact, by the end of the week, I think I will actually be caught up.  I do not intend to let anyone at work know that.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Our days sound about alike...we do what we want to!

patsy said...

tuna fish in a desk, is it open? bet that smells good after a few days.