Saturday, January 26, 2008

Home, as the crow flies




This is an arial view of the Rock Quary taken 4/5/2000. You can see it here
www.http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=15&X=1170&Y=10058&W=3


The dark spot just above the S in the word south at the bottom of the picture is Dan's pond. The dark spot above that is Clayton's pond, with Clayton's house just to the left by the road, my house to the right north of the road and our other trailor on to the right. See the cluster of buildings 'straight' across the hill from Clayton's house. That is the old Hampton place, house, barn and shed. See the line across the center of the hill. That is the line fence and old road that runs across the top of the hill, west to east. The dark spot just to the north of this line, almost directly across the hill from my house is the pond I kept wondering upon today.

I was really lost. Maybe I better take this map when I go back.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Well you got in a bunch of walkin'...i only went to the lake and back..a mile.