Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mamma



Today is Mama's birthday. This is the Mama I remember. I knew I had this picture on my computer but could not find it. Knowing it would be named Mom, Mama or Hazel something I did a search. The pictures named Mom and Hazel-- were mostly of Mama before I knew her. The pictures of Mama from 1950 on were all named Mama something, not Mom and not Hazel. The picture is not in color but I remember the dress was blue with white. Mama never had many clothes. In all the black and white pictures I have of her, if the picture was taken after 1950, I can remember the color of her dress.

She was a very good Mama...

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

and a very good grandma

Sister--Helen said...

Thank you for the picture Sister....She never had anything to wear.... she gave all to her kids and daddy she figured since she always stayed home she never needed much. After we all got grown she had more. We all bought her stuff...I remember buying her house dresses ready made but she liked the ones she made best so we bought her several piece goods...I made her a few dresses and bought her one lite blue double knit one for something special it was a very large size and I will not post that.. I think you bought her the dark navy blue one that was knit and had short sleeves. I remembered I ordered her a pair of shoes that were a dress shoe and very good and she liked them. It seemed she sewed Debby clothes left and right...She needed a lot as she got older remember how she liked that layered too. ...Pants shorts dress and a blouse....all at the same time... I remember...No one ever made fun of her and I remember taking her to town like that.....you know how sometimes she could talk real plain....well we were in Tanners grocery store I think I was married by then... and I was trying to get her to hurry...I had told her a dozen times at least, "Hurry up Debbie." She stoppped in the isle and said plain as day yelled ,' HURRY SHITHOLE.'''....I did not tell her to hurry again. I just tried to get along after that,,,

Galla Creek said...

I am glad that I have good memories.

patsy said...

yes.