Friday, June 08, 2007

What I am Reading

I often see the above item listed in the newspaper in bios of people that other people like to read about. Seldom if ever do I find that anyone is reading a book that I have ever read, or have any interest in reading. These are two books I read this week and one I am reading. You will never find any of them listed in any reading list of people that other people read about.

Shaking the Nickel Bush by Ralph Moody: I thought I had read all of Mr. Moody's books, but found this one at the Berryville library last week and decided I had not read it. It is about a cowboy (real cow cowboy) at the turn of the century. I really enjoyed the book. In the list of Moody's other books I see The Dry Divide that I don't think I have read either. Maybe I can find it somewhere, or talk Betty into buying it online. I could trade a couple of baby turkeys for the book.

The Captured by Scott Aesch: A book about white children abducted by Indian's on the Texas frontier. It was a really, really good book full of things I did not know about. The man who wrote it actually started the research for the book as a way of finding out about one of his ancestor's that was abducted by Indians.

Bushworld by Maureen Dowd. I bought this book for $6 at Wmart. Ms. Dowd is a newspaper columnist and not a fan of GW. I have read about 1/4 of the book and I am really enjoying it.

Few people anywhere would even bother looking at these books. You will never see even one of them on any list other than this one.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope to find the Dowd book!

patsy said...

i think you are tryng to prove you are superior to some of us.
have you read the acthinson book yet?

Sister--Fleta said...

I 'looked' at the atchison book. There wasn't much there. What books are you reading?

Galla Creek said...

How did you comment on Pat's blog with no computer...I know you are smart now. Sis 3