Monday, June 04, 2007

Helen, How to Stay Logged in to Blogger

Sister asked me to try to find a way for us to stay logged in to blogger and not have to re-log in so often. So, I went looking with little success at first. I tried several of the suggestions last night but none of them worked. So, I posted a comment on the Blogger group help forum, here:

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-loginissues/browse_thread/thread/ebed307e7075cc7e/c7f3a74c93cf5fa9#c7f3a74c93cf5fa9

They say the best solution is to download the Foxfire browser. I am not a fan of alternet browsers and I have tried several. I am also not fan of add on toolbars. But, I may try Foxfire just to see. I now use IE 6.0. Maybe if we upgraded to IE 7.0 it would work with remember me, cause one of the techeys says it is a IE 6.0 remember me problem.

Anyway, someone answered my question with this link:
http://knownissues.blogspot.com/2006/09/remember-me-login-option-will-not-work.html

which says:
The “Remember Me” login option will not work correctly in Internet Explorer 6.0. The best workaround is to simply use Firefox. However, if you prefer IE, you can add google.com to the list of allowed sites under Internet Options > Privacy.

Tried that and it did not work either. Someone else has posted the same question I did again today and got an answer to add blogger.com to the trusted sites, so this is what I did that sorta worked.

Instructions:
Click on
Ø Tools
Ø Internet Options
Ø Click on Privicy Tab
Ø Click on Sites button
Ø In Address of web site type http://www.google.com
Ø Click Allow
Ø In address of web site type http://www.blogger.com
Ø Click Allow
Ø Click OK
Ø Click Ok

Now, after all this, go to blogger dashboard and login being sure to click the remember me button. After I did this, I could close out my browser and then open it again and go to blogger dashboard and the screen would refresh and IE would auto log me in. Then, I can go to any of the blogs or my own blog and I stayed logged in. But, if I go to a blog first, I will not be logged in. Still, opening the dashboard and having it auto log me in is faster for me than logging in at the comments form on a blog. And, I do not have to type in my id or password.

You can download Foxfire here
http://www.firefox2008.com/us/
It says it is free.

Enjoy...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have added my blog site as a favorite on my internet page. All i have to do is click on my name and it goes right to my page. I can view what everyone has posted and can comment using anonymous to leave comments but to make a new posting I must log in.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I hope that made sense I was trying to say when I log into my internet i have add things i go to alot as favorites i am sure everyone else does that already you are all already probably doing that I know you are all wiser than I am.

Cheryl

Sister--Fleta said...

Cheryl, what we wanted was a way to stay logged in to blogger. You may not have this problem. I think IE 7 may let you stay logged in. On the log in page for blogger, there is a place to check that says remember me. If you check this, for some people, they stay logged in to blogger and do not have to re-log in day after day. My google email lets me stay logged in for months, but with blogger, checking the remember me did not work. Now, since I have done what I said here, I can go to sign in for blogger and it auto logs in my user id and password without me having to type them in. I have downloaded foxfire and am trying it, but it is different. I am not at all sure I will like it, but I am going to try it for a while. See, not loggey iney, for me

Galla Creek said...

Well, Fleta it worked last night and this morning when I clicked sign in it did nto do it auto
and I had to type in again. What could that be?

Galla Creek said...

I clicked out of ie and went back and yes, I could click on sign in and it would do it auto so i think
the remember me is for a certain amt of time ...could that be why it would not work this morn?

Sister--Helen said...

I tried IE7 on my last computer and did not like it so when it crashed I did not install it on this one....I do not know about foxfire....I think you should try it Fleta for a while and see if it irritates you.....I think that all of us Sisters have the same problem...We do not like change very well.... Cheryl is younger maybe she should try it and let us know all of the things that are different and then we can decide...

Anonymous said...

Well, I downloaded Foxfire last night and tried it. But, it took what I had in IE as a 'starter' so it works exactly the same way as my IE 6 did last night. I will have to try it tonight and see if I still have auto login. My computer will not take the IE 7 update. I don't want to change either. I did not see much about Foxfire that looked like it was any better, just different. I like things better, not just different. But, then, so much of what the techeys rave about on the web just irrate me. The videos for example. Course I have slow dialup, but even with a fast connection at work, most of what people do on the web is not worth my time, even my work time.

Most Beautiful and sweetest sister

Anonymous said...

AND, from just using it a few times, it seems Foxfire takes a lot longer for a page to load than IE. Probably all that wonderful stuff it does that webtecheys rave about. Another way to waste a lot of tiem.

Most beautiful

Anonymous said...

I dont think i will try it I am fine having my page as a favorite and then clicking on the links on it to view everyones pages.

Cheryl

Sister--Fleta said...

OK, back home and using IE. Went to blogger dashboard and it auto signed me in just like yesterday. I like this better than having to sign in again and again.

I am not at all impressed with Foxfire.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this great tip!!!! I use TheWorld browser with the Firefox skin and love it, but it takes some configuring to get it just how you want it.