Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Cold Weather Gear...

 
I got some new cold weather gear for walking.  Sone JR gave me a really warm jacket.  It is made by Dewalt and has a warmer with a battery.  [I have let the batter run down, so I did not use it today, but the coat is really, really warm and I did not need the battery.  I love the coat, but am not so sure about the batter and warmer.] Then I have my toboggan, gloves, neck warmer and the mask. I could not ware the mask over my nose, as it is too thick to breath through, but I did wear it on my chin which helped keep the toboggan pulled down. The gloves were soft and warm and the neck warmer worked great. The boots are ones I bought yesterday.  They are Sketcher boots.  I did not know Sketcher made boots.  They are lined, very warm, and comfortable to walk in.





I started out at 7:30 when it was 32 degrees.  I stay nice and warm all the way.  This is the meek hill with gray dog in the background.




I went on over to where the hill starts down to Snow's house. If you enlarge the pic below, you can see Helen's house on the hill in the distance.


Terry was feeding his cows as I returned.


It was 32 degrees still when I got back home at 9.  My watch said I had went almost 4 miles.  I know it is 1 1/2 miles to Eva Bell's house, so I am thinking more like 3 miles.



 



1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You will need this soon. Ice storm coming your way.