Thursday, January 23, 2014

Goat World

is really, really cold today.  It was 17 degrees in town at 2, but it was a balmy 23 degrees at my house when I got home.


Baby is coming along, but we will all be glad when it warms up tomorrow. This was taken yesterday.


Ducks on the pond yesterday, about a dozen again.  No ducks today.  Too cold.


When I went up at 3 to see about the baby, it was at the barn by itself.  Mama and the others were down in son's yard.  I drove down to see about them and went in to check on his water while I was there.  He was not there last night and George checked it last night.  So far so good.


While I was in the neighbor's house, Big Sandy started back up the lane.  She turned and waited for me as I drove up our lane.  I fed her all by herself, out back.  She ate about  half of this and the hurried off to the barn to check on Little Red.


When Big White came up on the back porch followed by these 4 babies, I fed her some cubes so I could take some pictures.


They will be a month old in a couple of days.  The black one is the nanny.


Little Grey is chasing the pup off the dog feed pan.


George felt sorry for the goats and fed them.  Pup was glad cause then she could eat out of her pan.


This is Big White's two on the left and Patsy's two on the right.  They are the same age, but Big White's babies are bigger and huskier then the others.  I am think Helen might be right and the white billy is their daddy.  Patsy's are certainly out of the Bertha'a Billy because the one little nanny is almost entirely black.

And that's how it is, January 23rd in Goat World.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

you know a year ago I never thought O would have been so proud of patsy giving you all those goats....Patsy that was a great present,,I miss them...Guess my little tin box is not froze up...geprge has on no gloves....and it is cold...did those boys steal them. George I could send some home I am going to have to send them before I come home...I have too much to pack along.

Galla Creek said...

Helen, you tin box is an ice cube.

I like the little red goat the best.