Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hot Weekend

Yesterday, I went to the grave yard and cut weeds.  The poke had grown up a lot, but really  it looked pretty good.  The grass had not grown up too much, and that was what took so long to cut the last time.  I went back today, but the weed eater ran out of string.  I had extra string, but I did not take it with me.  I will have to go back because the grape vines are trying to come back.  The weed eater makes short work of them since they are still tender shoots.


Weeds grown up, mostly poke.


Yesterday, I planted a little rose by this stone.  It may not make it, since it is already getting hot and dry.


But the one my Mary Chancy's stone is blooming and is really pretty.


After cutting the weeds from around all the stones.


If you enlarge this, you can see the purple tinge in Dan's field that has not been cut.  The thistle has about taken over this field.  It really needs to be brush hogged.  See the white spot in the middle of the field?  One day this week Clayton and I were looking down this way and saw something white like this just about this same spot.  It is a donkey laying down with his white belly showing.

George got me a new kink resistant hose and a soaker hose for the garden.  I have water the tomatoes a few times, but had not water other plants.  With the soaker hose, I watered the melons and squash.  We had new potatoes Friday and again today. The Yukon Gold potatoes are not high producers, but they taste really good.  My squash plants are already dying.  I have some seed and I think I will try a new crop of squash.

No new goats.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I squash is dying too. We will dig the potatoes with the tractor this week. I am watering every night with the soaker house. I hope Dan's Thistle stays in his pasture.

The guy that cut our field for hay is a no show this year. Larry is trying to locate a replacement.