Friday, July 06, 2012

July 6

This morning I wanted to walk to the pond up on the rock quarry again to see if I could catch the deer getting a drink.  I thought I was starting off early, but when I got to the neighbors, he was already out watering his garden.  I have decided if the neighbor is already at work in the garden, it is probably not early.


So, I went on up to the pond and sat in the briers on bank for over 2 hours.  All I saw at the pond was a few birds, and bunch of bugs and 2 or 3 fish fishing for the bugs.

When I came back down, brother and Kathy were sitting on the porch and asked if I had seen anything.  They said they saw some deer cross Dan's field and a bobcat there by the house.  I said I did not see anything at the pond, but on the way back saw two bucks on the road David made down to the old Hampton barn.  They asked if they were big bucks.  I said they were both good sized and both had antlers and one had a pretty good sized rack.


When I got home and put the pictures on the computer, this was the two big bucks with racks.



I saw bucks with racks, but the camera says fawns with spots.










1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Call Patsy and get the name of the eye Dr. You need to see him. lol