Thursday, July 05, 2012

July 5

Vacation.  I am taking today and tomorrow off for a little vacation and I am not going to do anything.  Not even go get the babies.  I guess I will probably get them next weekend, but for now, I am just sitting, not doing and not going.

Yesterday, I took a walk up on the hill early in the morning,  This morning I watered the flowers, watered the Dogwood tree and refilled the hummer's feeders.

Clayton was peeling apples yesterday to make apple pie.  He said his apple tree fell over from being so heavy with apples so he was using some of them.  He said I should get some and make a pie, but I thought I could just wait and eat some of his pie.  So far, I have not even done that.  

Yesterday, I made ham and beans, fired potatoes and cornbread for supper.  And I made a Angel Food cake with Betty's help.  We were here by ourselves yesterday and we enjoyed that.  Greg only gets the one day off and the other son is doing something with his kids, not sure just what, but something they would think was a fun thing.  We did not see many fireworks in the sky last night like a usually 4th.  And no grass fires either that we saw.

Today, I am thinking I am go through my material and try to make order of the mess.  I am trying to make Hannah some summer dresses with material I have had for sometime [3 or 4 years?].  I have one almost finished but I think I need to wait till she is here to try them on to  finish it.  I think from looking at it, the neckline is too high.  It would be easier to fix new straps  than take off ones that were too short and put on new ones.

I think since Helen has a new computer and no job, she needs to make a post every day, or maybe even two posts a day.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

That Betty knows cakes!

It is too hot to do anything. I am working at not letting it get to me...which is a hard job.