Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, Tuesday

If you are going to do something in July 2012, you better HURRY!

Aunt Tee married Paul Collier.

Paul Collier was a son of Anderson Burl Collier and Mary Elizabeth Coxsey.  Mary Coxsey Collier was a sister to Pat Coxsey.  Pat Coxsey was the father of Aunt Una and Beulah Coxsey Powell.  Beulah married Uncle John Powell.

I do not know exactly how Grandma Powell is related to Aunt Una and Beulah, Pat Coxsey was a grandson of John B. Coxsey.  I think that John B. Coxsey and Benjamin Coxsey, Grandma grandfather, were brothers, but that is a guess.

Here is a family tree file from someone else descended from John B. Coxsey that thinks John and Ben are half brothers.  I think they were full brothers.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=prinyp&id=I2873

If you follow this tree down through John B., James Anderson, you will find both Pat Coxsey and Mary Elizabeth.

Helen, stay tuned, next week we will have tons of dead people posts.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Fleta riding down to Dumas today with the pup...I thought of someone else to look for...but now I am home, I forgot who it was! Oh, dear. That Teacher check got me excited.

This week I worked on the Hamptons some in Larry's distant tree. Two of the folks that lived at Omaha...we already had in our Powell tree.

I know look for the Laveys again. I can not find them nor Patrick St Denis. Eric asked his mom where her dad was born and she said...Arkansas! No wonder I can't find the Laveys with genes like this. He was never in AR.

Galla Creek said...

Found the Laveys by looking for the neighbors in 1930. I am smarter than you thought. They read it Larey is why I could not find them John is dead. Margaret is still at home. It says they live in the same house as in 1935. June is the one they asked more questions of...she said her father was born in Germany.