Saturday, March 03, 2012

Sixty Three, a very trying day


Special kids now have their own computer.  They will get to see it next weekend.  I was going to get them yesterday, but Jk did not answer her phone and then the newputer came in, so I decided to wait till next weekend to get them.  This is in the back bedroom which I always call their room.  The chair is the one Sammy gave me.  I really like it but George would rather use the one we have and he is the one that uses the computer desk most of the time, so I really did not have a place for this chair.  Now I do.  They also have their little chairs they can use if they want instead of this one.  I think they are going to get a kick out of having their own computer, but they probably won't use it much. They can use it to watch their DVD movies .  Our only DVD player is in our bedroom and it is a pain to use because you have to switch the imput on the TV and you have to use 3 remotes, the Satalite, the TV and the DVD.  I know, the one remote should work for all, but I can't even get it to work the TV let along the DVD.


This is my new computer, and this is where I like to use it.  It was very simple and easy to set up and get to working with our internet.  I have had trouble finding a simple image editor to resize the images.  I like to resize images before posting but have not downloaded my new Office software yet.  I will probably do that tomorrow.  It is a newer version than on the HP laptop so I am not sure the image editor is still included.  I found a free simple one to download and it works fine.  I tried the one that came with my camera and it did a few edit things, but no resize.  I have Paint Shop pro, but I do not like it for simple things because it does not default to jpeg format and you cannot get it to change the default.  It is good for complex editing, but a pain to use for simple resizing.


This is George's 'new' laptop.  One of the main drawbacks to the older computer is it does not have WIFI so we had to keep moving the internet device between the two computers.  Now, with two laptops we are both on the net at the same time now.  It is working smoothly so far.  I think I am going to like this much better.  And, with his laptop set up at the desk, I think George will like it better.  The old computer had gotten to be a real pain to use on the net.  It just crawled along when compared to the laptop.

And, for the trying part of the day.  I decide to change satellite  TV companies.  But changed my mind after talking with them for a while.  They said I could not cancel.  I think they thought I would give up if they just kept stonewalling.  They should have talked with Best Buy.  Anyway, we still have the same company and Monday I will call my card company to make sure I do not get charged.  I told them if they tried to place a charge on my card I would call the state attorney general.  I bet they thought that was and idle threat.  It was not.  I may have search the web for Direct TV CEO.  For now I am going to watch a movie on Dish and then go to bed.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We use Dish network it is cheaper than direct tv.

Computer looks good. I need one of those external mouses. I just use the pad but it is too touchy.

Sister--Helen said...

Give um hell

Sister--Helen said...

Give um hell

patsy said...

i have the external mouse cause I couldn't use the other when I first got it tho' yesterday I did manage to use it with out the external mouse for a while but went back. i believe you would call the ceo of the cable co. i just don't think it will do any good.