Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fifty Nine


Helen, this is a Pickax.  The pick and ax end are each about 10 inches long.


This is my grubbing hoe.  The whole hoe part is only about 10 inches or so long from end to end.  Sometimes a pick is like the first picture, except both ends are pointed instead of one being ax shaped.


This was George stringing wire for the electric fence Sunday.  I don't think the cow can get up this high anyway.  


Here are the pretty black cows and a few calves in the pasture today.

I know Tony is not quite fifty seven.  That was supposed to be the day, but since I had skipped a day Sunday, I had he day wrong.  Now it says Fifty Eight, and I know Tony is not fifty eight either.  I need a Julian calendar on the other side of my blog so I can keep up with the day numbers.  

Yesterday and today were nice days, up in the 60's but a little windy.  They say we may have storms tonight,.  One of my peach trees and the nectarine are blooming.  They will probably get bit again.  Last year I did not have any peaches and only a couple of apples. 



3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Erin explained what the 57 was. She thinks just like you is why she knew.

Larry planted sweet peas and potatoes today. He bought my onions and i will plant them soon.

Sister--Helen said...

well the pic of George stringing electric fence from the roof top does beat all I have ever seen,,,

Guess he heard the cow jumped over the moon.....

Sister--Helen said...

I knew what the 57 was right away but I did not let on to Tony...I called him and told him I never knew we were the same ageand read Fleets headline to him...then the one the day befor and the day before that so he would know she knew also....but still acted like I was confused.. sure enjoyed talking to him as always,.. we just see which one of us can tell the biggest tales...I think yesterday I won but that was only fair since it was on my dime...