Saturday, November 05, 2011

Understanding

And miss thereof.

Patsy says I disapprove of Andy Rooney's opinion of ebooks.  I do not and I did not say anything along those lines.  I said he said he did not like ebooks.  That was his opinion.  Patsy read what I wrote and formed the opinion that I disapproved of Andy in some way because he did not like ebooks.  I read what I wrote again trying to determine how she got that idea from what I wrote.  I think she may have arrived at her opinion in much the same way I arrived at my opinion that Andy did not like reading ebooks, i. e. reading one line and skipping the rest.  I did not listen to what Andy actually had to say which was that he did not want his books given away, he wanted to sell them.  I am thinking most people who read his books, even real books they hold in their hands, get them from a library.  Andy would not have made any profit from the books at the library either.  And, again, even though I never knew Andy, I bet he really liked libraries and library books. It is my opinion that most people who liked the kind of books Andy wrote, were library book people, like me.

And, I think Andy no long cares about books, hard cover, paper back, ebooks, books he wrote, or books others wrote.  And I know he no longer cares about making a profit from anything.

And Betty wants to know of the new Philippa Gregory book is available as Ebook.  It is not on my library's ebook list.  There are 4 or 5 of his books as ebooks here though.  Interestingly, Helen's library that has many more ebooks than ours does, only has 2 of his books as ebooks.  Usually, you will not see many really new books on the library's ebook list.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

The worst thing about borrowing library books on the Nook is that there isn't such a big selection yet. I'm sure that will change as time goes by.