Saturday, November 05, 2011

Saturday, in the park




George is supposed to take me, and himself, to the Buffalo today to see the elk.  It will be a great day for a ride and maybe a walk in the park.  Pictures to follow.


I got this blue and white crock yesterday at St. Vincent de Paul.  I can put an arrangement in it or just leave it like this.  I do not like artificial flowers on the table, so it will either be none or real flowers.  None will probably look neater over time.  Or, maybe I could do a fall leaf arrangement.

Aren't the sheep napkin rings cute?

Thursday, I made chicken and dumplings for George.  I made a pan of real cornbread for myself.  Real as not Jiffy Mix and cooked in the iron skillet.  It was really good.  Yesterday, I took the left over chicken and cornbread and made chicken and dressing casserole.  It was medium to fair but better than most of the stuff I cooked when Helen was here.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I made stew one day this week and made corn bread to go with it. I had corn bread in milk. Yes, I cooked it in an iron skillet.

patsy said...

i ate corn bread and milk this week several times one pan will last several days and when milk is poured on doesn't mater if it has dryed out, see how i said corn bread and milk and Betty said corn bread in milk, I think we always said corn bread and milk when we were children.

Donna. W said...

We love to ride our motorcycle through the area where the elk are, when we're down there. Such beautiful country! I always cook my corn bread in an iron skillet; we love the bottom crust brown and crispy. I, too, have some leftover corn bread AND some leftover soup. That will be our dinner today.
I mentioned you sisters in a blog entry today.