Friday, May 15, 2009

For Richard







I went out today and put fresh arrangements on the graves. We got in trouble with Richard when we did not get this done so I thought I had better have flowers there before Memorial Day.
I got white this year for the large stones. This is the first time I have gotten white flowers, but I thought they looked really bright and pretty. Debbie has white and red roses.
Someone needs to tell Brenda what these look like in case they blow off and she has to put them back. Last year I went out there a few days after I put the saddles on the stones and Mama and Daddy's was gone and a different one was on the stone. Brenda had stopped by the cemetery and seeing the saddle gone, she found one nearby and put it on their stone. It was not the one I had on the stone. I replace it with the correct one but did not know where to put the one Brenda had stolen from another grave.
If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see how pretty Debbie's roses are. The peony was really gorgeous.
The monument on Richards grave is really beautiful but Cheryl has such a good photo of it on her blog, I did not need another one.



4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The white looks better than any of the colors we have had. I think we had yellow and red...but I like white the best. It looks so nice. Richard would have liked it too. Maybe Cheryl will get white for Richard's ...that would look good on black.

Cheryl said...

Brenda went down to the cemetary tonight and the flowers on Great Grandparents had already blown off she put them back on.

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galla Creek said...

I nominate Brenda Gail to the position of Family Flower Watcher.
Great Job, Brenda. When I come to the Reunion I am going to go to Ridgeway and check out the Gaddy graves.