Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Heart Attack Tuesday


This is my knee wrapped.



This is my knee unwrapped. I don't think I am supposed to unwrap it, but I did. The bandage is a large ace bandage with a Velcro closing strip on one end. I have two of these now. They said I can wash them and reuse them. I plan on washing them and giving them to Patsy when I am done with them.

Now for the heart thingy. I came in to make a post and did not have a new picture to post. I thought I would take a picture of the leg and bandage. I could not find my camera anywhere. Then I remembered leaving it on the deck railing yesterday while I walked around the yard. It has been raining for about 3 hours off and on. Enough to ruin a camera. It was not on the deck. It was right by my computer. I am blind.

Anyway, I went to therapy today and guess who was the therapists? Rusty Hooten. For those not in the know, Rusty is married to Tracy Powell, Frankie's daughter. I asked about everyone. Tracy is working for a dentist in Harrison and they have two daughters. Now, after getting home, I am not sure Tracy and Rusty are still married, but I think they are. Patsy, you need to call Daisy and find out. Tell her he is my therapists and then just ask if he is still married to Tracy. There was something about the way he responded when I asked how many children he had that made me wonder.

He said Daisy was liking work at Tyson much better now that she had gotten a few paychecks. Linda, Daisy's other daughter, is working at the Ford place in Harrison. Jimmy and Stella are both working at a Walmart somewhere in Springfield. I did not ask about Stella's daughters or about Frankie.

The knee does not hurt much, but my calf muscles on that leg really ached today. Rusty said that was from hobbling around on that leg instead of putting the weight on the leg like you normally would. He did not say to not hobble but I tried not to after that. It did not work out so well, so I took two pain pills and now I can walk more normally.

Patsy will get the used bandages, but there probably will not be any pain pills left.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Poor Sister Poor
She wanted more
Something for the ill
Maybe a strong pill?
But Fleta sapped her
Gave her the bloody wrapper!

Sister--Helen said...

oh toooooooo funny
Betty you do have a gift