Wednesday, January 28, 2009

View from my back door




Cause the windows are so frosted over you can not see out them. Stuff has quit fallign on our heads but it is 24 degrees now. It is supposed to get around 30 or so today. Power is out all over the place.
George and Greg tried to get out around 3 pm yesterday and there were many trees in the road just past Dan's. They are going back now with the tractor, Daren and Craig Marr and a couple of chain saws. If they make it out, I think they will have to go to Walmart in Berryville to get supplies and gas becasue I think all the stores in Green Forest lost power.
It is warm and we have coffee, water and food. We will be fine. The babies may run out of clean clothes, but we can wash them out in the sink. The rest of us can just ware what we wore the day before.
Janet called on her cell phone but could only stay connected a few seconds. I am guessing her batery is about out of power. Maybe Patsy will think to tell her to go out and start the car and charge the phone.
I think we may be out of power for several more days.


1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

Those pictures are unbelieveable...You made me hungry so I am cooking meat loaf.....