Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today's News







I ventured out today for the first time since Monday. George drove us over to Walmart and I got some groceries. Yesterday I sent him and he got only what was on the list. I wanted more.
On the way back, there was a bad accident somewhere around Powell's Onestop and we had to turn around and take the cutoff over to Cisco Road near Patsy's. The last two photos above, are somewhere over near Patsy's house. The first two are coming down Meek Hill.
Patsy called. Sammy went to Berryville and got her a regular phone so we can call and pester her now. She said she is doing fine, but she is having computer withdrawal pains. She may have Janet drive her down here so she can use my computer.
I think it will be next week before we get power back. There are polls down and lines down in all the back areas, but Green Forest and Berryville have power in town. The main roads are clear, but the back roads are still bad. My thermometer says 33 degrees right now. Yesterday, when you went outside you could hear a tree crack and fall every 10 minutes or so, but I am not hearing so many today. It is really melting off the house. We have our satalite TV back now. It was not working until about an hour ago. I thought maybe something had broken out by the dish, but George said it was probably a power problem. I thought he was wrong, but it came back on so maybe he was right.
We did not work again today. I may not go in even if they work tomorrow. Now that it is a little warmer, I am enjoying this time off.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am feeling pretty lucky.

Sister--Helen said...

I walked outside in the sun shine today and it was warm....it is 5:30 now and it is 70...supposed to be warmer tomorrow..