Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Walk



I went up to the top of the hill right behind my house, then down this fence line between us and David Combs (the old Hampton place). All the plants were covered with ice.




This is an old tree stump that sits on the line between Frank Marr and David Combs. Maybe Daddy and Floyd first nailed the fence to this tree.




I followed the line across the top of the hill and on down into David Combs pasture (the old Jack Robertson place). I was going to go on across the next hill and drop down to the creek on the other side, but David was over there feed cattle, so I followed Frank Marr's fence and started down a little draw that I thought probably went to the creek.

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I never walked much on the hill..I have crossed it a time or two but that is about all...Remember one Christmas years ago when me Debby Gilbert mom and dad got stuck at Pats house ...we went over to take Christmas presents and got snowed in...Clayton walked across the hill and carried Gilbert back on his sholders.....I rode a horse home Daddy walked out...maybe with Clayton...mama and debby were stuck there for a few days...you know Pat got no piece those days...Remember how Clayton doted over Gilbert...

Sister--Helen said...

I used to go up on the hill and hide from Mama and play....I remember mostly in the pasture at the little pond....it was not si bushy there more cleared land...

Galla Creek said...

I remember making rock houses (outlines) on the hill and playing house in the summer. I never passed the fence at the top. Oh, for a chance to roam that hill and see what was on the other side. I guess Daddy said not to go past the fence and I did not.