Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Down to the Creek and back



This is maybe an eighth of a mile down from the old slab across Dry Creek. As long as I have lived here, I have never went this far down the creek.


I walked up the creek past Frank Marr's place into the bottom Daddy used to own.



And up through Dan's pasture to the road just past my house.



If you look close, or click to enlarge, you can see Clayton's house in the distance.

All in all I had a good day playing hooky. Now, we are having steak, baked potato and cherry pie and ice cream for supper. No diet today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, I did not loose my hat. It was cold enought that I did not take it off. The high by my thermometer was 28 degrees today. Ice still all over the trees, no melting today, but the ground is clear.

Fleta

Anonymous said...

im telling your boss you played hooky

Sister--Helen said...

I loved the picture...esp of the creek....it sure looks cold tho...it was 65 here for the last few days...I have warmed up...I can't believe you were walking when it was that cold...There is just ice everywhere there...

Sister--Helen said...

is that Daddy's piece of machinery that has been down by the bottom for years???