Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Walking to Springfield


I started keeping track of the daily miles I walk one month ago today. In that month I have walked 85 miles. It is 86 miles to Springfield, Missouri, so tomorrow I will make it to Springfield. The last two days I have done the 4 mile walk to the Red Barn and back, 4 miles. You know it is only 5 miles to town. I guess I could walk to town and get groceries. That would be a good way to diet. We might not eat so much if I had to carry all the groceries 5 miles home. All our food would have to be 'light'.

5 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

well where is the swampy thing????

Anonymous said...

That is the creek, down by Morris'. If you click and enlarge it, it looks better.

Sweetness

Galla Creek said...

Remember old Henry Powell walked to the top of Mo. from AR so you have not out done him yet. He was older than you too. I bet his shoes were worn out. Remember he had to walk at night in the dark to keep from getting shot! Walk on Sister! Catch up with Grandpa Henry!

I can tell the swampy thing is Dry Creek and the leaves make it a work of art.

patsy said...

if you keep walking in a stright line maybe george would like it.

Anonymous said...

Patsy, that is not a nice thing to say. George would want me back at supper time. If I don't cook supper for him, he mostly does not eat at all. Then he would really be skinny.

Sweetness Itself