Saturday, March 24, 2018

Last day of vacation

and I did some things.


I purchased this secretary/hutch.  I managed to strap it in the white pickup, haul it home, unload it and get it into the house by myself.  It needs a bit of refinishing on the drop down desk part, so I had planned on leaving it on the back porch until I get it ready to use.  But, it would not stand up on the back porch as it was too tall.  I got it into the house here, but had to get son to come up and move it into the living room.  After he stood it up and I saw that it fit under the light fixture in the hallway, I told him I did not need him after-all.  I could do this myself.   



He went ahead and moved it to the living room anyway.  




This is a view with the drop down not dropped, but it is sideways.  I am going to put it in the corer against the wall to the left of where it is setting here and use it to set the laptop on.  The draws below will hold all the paper and stuff that is scattered now and the top glass will hold dust catching 
nick-knacks behind glass.


The I got two prints because I thought one of them would look good here in my living room.  I really could not decide which one I liked best but finally decided on this one in the living room.



This one went in my bedroom.


This is a close up view of the one in the living room.  They are prints, not painting but that means they are behind glass.  Living on a dirt road makes me appreciate dust-catchers behind glass.

Today, I am going to get furniture re finisher and start on the computer hutch.  

Helen says kids are having fun.  Last night they went to the races.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Bet Robert loved the races!