Sunday, May 24, 2015

Monsoon season in the Ozarks...

It has rained and rained and rained.  The creek is up over Coin Bridge, so if you are going to Coin Church tonight, you will need to take the long way around.

Our little Mama and baby have been missing for a couple of days. It has rained so much, I have not looked beyond the outbuildings for her.  This evening around 6:30 George went looking on the wheeler and I walked around in the wet some.  I heard one crying up on the hill between me and son so I walked up on the hill.  Found Mama with baby tucked under a rock for protection from the rain.  I have often told myself, it is best to just leave the goats alone with their babies.  They know what to do better  than I do.  It is sometimes hard to adhear to that, but it is really correct.  If we loose a baby, it is likely that something was wrong to start with.


Took these with my new phone. This one is fuzzy, but I got some good ones of the baby.


I tried to bluethooth them, but failed.  


Cord connection worked great.


When Patsy gave me the goats, she said she wanted to see them run the rock quary.  I said it was not fenced, so that was not possible.  As our herd is not free range, they go where they please.  For the last couple of weeks, it has pleased them to spend most of their time on the rocks eating away at the brush.  Patsy would be please.  I have not seen them in Powell meadow for two or three weeks.  I just hope Dan's goats are not eating Helen's flowers.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

It rained here today. It rained here yesterday and I suppose it will rain here tomorrow.