Monday, May 12, 2014

Egg thieves

no more.


We had two big black snakes in the chicken house this afternoon.  See the big lump in the one on the right?  That is a purple stone egg Patsy gave me years ago.  Last week I decided a snake was stealing eggs again, and I put the purple egg in the nest for him.  If we had not caught them in the house and dispatched them with the 22, I think the purple rock would have taken care on the one.


I made George cut the purple egg out.  I will put it back in the nest tomorrow, just in case we have more snakes in the hen house.


Kids did not have sense enough to come in out of the rain. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I had a snake at the hen house too. i let mine go. it was a king and I think it was eating mice. But not sure...the black snakes look huge.

Donna. W said...

A facebook friend had the same thing happen today. Unbelievable, but it happens.