Friday, October 11, 2013

The Goat Herder


When she gets home from school, the girl wants to go see the baby goats first thing.  Today, they were down past Son's house on the neighbor's.  I told her that and she still wanted to go see them so I let her go.  Here she is bringing them home all by herself.  I shot this from the edge of my yard.


The little grey goat had lost her baby when I went to see about them about 2 this afternoon.  Her bag looked like the little one had been gone for sometime already at that time.  At 5 pm, she was still looking for it in all the wrong places, as places where there was not baby.  I think she had left it up on the hill behind Son's and went over on the neighbor's to graze with the herd.  I was thinking of giving her a new name for former DIL.  Just now, Grandpa and the kids came up from visiting with Son.  I asked Grandpa if Grey had her baby with her and he did not know, but the goat herder said, 'Yes, grey goat has her baby with her.'  I am glad and so is goat herder.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Being a Shepard is a fine occupation.

Sister--Helen said...

some of the best have done it