Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday, a good day for a walk...


Saw two coyotes down by the grave yard. 



Went on down to the creek.  It was really scummy, but still has running here by our old bottom field.


The grave yard, taken from the creek bank.



After I got down in the creekbed, could not find a good way back out between the high dirt bank, weeds, and brush.


This was the end of the water.  I think it was a little past Morris' spring, but not sure.  No sign of the beavers or beaver dams I saw last spring.  I heard a deer, saw one of the coyotes coming out of the creek and heard the other one playing in the water.


This is what I saw when I came up the bank, just past where the water stopped.  That is Frank's barn, otherwise known as Uncle Floyd's barn.



Morris hill in the distance.  I was somewhere in the old bottom here.

Saw a very few black berries, but not many.  They tasted alright, but not great.  Way too small to be very good.


Road going down and then back up from the bottom.  The old little pond on the extreme left. 


Home in sight.


George and the girl were looking for me.  I had been gone over three hours.  Guess next time I should take the cell phone.



Goats in the road.  Maybe they were looking for me too.


Girl says, 'we want to go swimming.'  Maybe later.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I think those coyotes are after the goats for supper.