Saturday, July 20, 2013

What Happened?


Taken June 29, 2013.


Taken July 20, 2013.  Looks like it just fell over.  I don't think we had wind in the night.  



But, lookey here, is that a saw?  Left behind by the culprit?  Someone must have slipped in here in the night and sawed the tree down.

And city boy and country girl.  George said a limb broke off this tree.  I say a tree fell down.  To me, a limb is something that grows out of a tree above the ground.  I would never call this a limb of a tree.

I am off today in search of a cupcake batter dispenser.  The girls really love making cupcakes, but we all have trouble making pretty cupcakes because some are much larger than others.  A friend at work bought a cupcake dispenser that makes perfectly sized cupcakes.  I am going to get us one today.  I will have to go to Branson because I doubt Wally World here will have one.  Yesterday the three girls [Emmy, Hannah, Patience] in three aprons, made 24 cupcakes.  An hour later, all the cupcakes had disappeared.   

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It is so dry the sap of the tree goes to the root to survive. I lost my apple tree. Just fell over. When the sap goes down, the trunk becomes dry and brittle and can fall over just from the weight above the trunk. I guess it is sort of like suicide. The seed lives on from the root? Nature is the same. Fleta ...you are the root of your tree...perserving the seed.

Sister--Helen said...

yummm cupcakes

Galla Creek said...

Show us the cup cake measurer.