Saturday, June 08, 2013

Saturday, day of work

I am really tired of Helen saying Betty and Larry's garden looks so much better than mine so I tilled and hoed the entire garden this morning except for the tomatoes and potatoes.  The potatoes are too big to till and I have already put the hay around the tomatoes for mulch.  I did everything except the okra which is just coming up.  I would have plowed a lot of it up if I tried to till it because I can't tell exactly where the row is.  I do not make very straight rows.  I had it all done by 10 this am.

HELEN, Emmy wants an apron.  Probably just for looks cause she is not a cook because she is not much of an eater.

Oh, and it is just me and grandpa here right now. Son George had to work, Robert and Daddy went to buy parts for someone's truck [Uncle George's I think], Emmy and Hannah took the little 4 wheeler to visit Sam. BTW, Sam is a girl.


Taken through the back door last night.  He had been writing in the dirt on the back of my truck.  He did not know I saw him. Later, I said something about someone writing on my truck. He said Uncle George did it and he wrote something about grandma on it.  Something about Grandma did not know much.  Robert really thought it was funny getting Uncle George in trouble.


Garden after all the work.




Betty does not have pretty flowers like these.


Daddy's old wheelbarrow with petunias.


The wash tub Helen got out of the cave and the old milk bucket I got from Hampton's dump 20 years ago.


Patsy's pink rose by the lilac.


My raggedy herb garden.


Patsy's pink rose by the corner and some my mint.  I bought 2 bee balm plants and put in here this spring.  I like mint because it looks pretty, smells good, is easy to care for and comes back year after year.


My yellow rose and pink knockout roses.  This is really pretty when the iris blooms because they are yellow also.


Lettuce, onions, potatoes and a few squash and cukes.  I never plant but 4 to 6 squash and cucumbers because we do not care much for either after the first few picking.



Corn in the middle, 3 rows with 1 row of okra after it just coming up a couple of days ago.


Tomatoes all staked and mulched with a few pepper plants in the second row an a few melons.


The corner with my wonderful water faucet.  I can sit in this chair in the evening in the shade and watch my garden grow.



Emmy and her shadow.


Patsy's pink roes down by the road.


The first starting I got of Patsy's pink rose.  It does not get enough sun here, so it is not nearly as big as the others.  The non blooming plants are rose of sharon I got from Patsy's yard.  The start blooming around the first of July and bloom for a couple of months.



Emmy's planters in front, or maybe back, of the RV.




Blue bird and butterfly bush.


Going to Sam's.

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Will send Emmy a apron...have plenty made...Fleta Betty's garden looks better but all of your bushes and flowers are beautiful....Since you do not lean towards the fat you do not care about food as much as the rest of us...ie...garden is an after thought to you

Galla Creek said...

I loved the tour and the garden looks great. Emmie is really pretty. Weekends are where it's at when you work all week.

Galla Creek said...

Also, Emmy looks really tall!