Sunday, November 20, 2011

News on the net

I do not watch the news on television much anymore.  Instead I read on the net.  I favor Google news over many of the more popular news sites because it seems to be more diverse and relies more on text than video.  One of the things I most like about net news is reading the parts I want to read and skipping the parts I do not want to read.  Video is just someone reading the text to me.  I would rather read for myself, or not as is often the case.


Anyway, there are three net news sites I often go to, Christian Science Monitor [good articles that do not try to impose their religion into the news], NPR and The Guardian.  The Guardian has an article about  the stupidity of Republican Presidential candidates that ends:



  • Obama sold the nation on hope and has presided over despair. It's because the Republicans have been so dysfunctional that he still has a shot. It's because he has delivered so little that their dysfunctionality may not matter. The stakes are high, the standards are low, and the choice is paltry.
The full article is here:


Other good real news sites are CNN, Reuters, and Associated Press.  Much less likely to try to impose their politics into the stories.  And, the local paper from the area of the event, whatever it might be, is nearly always likely to contain more real news than any of the network sites, in my opinion.  And that is what I like about net news, my opinion can control what gets my attention. 





4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We always look at the obituaries.

Sister--Helen said...

I don't read Christin Science...I do read democratic underground....and MSN I am not sure you had that one down

Sister--Helen said...

Since you are off for days...we could see some kids pictures

Galla Creek said...

Family days are the best days.