Friday, November 25, 2011

Family


Yesterday was turkey day, so we had ham.  I made bread from Helen's recipe and it was good.  George got yeast so it made good bread.  The cinnamon roles were great, but when making out the dinner roles, I thought it would be nice to make parker house roles, you know, the ones with the fold in the middle.  But, I got rid of all my muffin tins because I hate cleaning them, so after rolling out the dough, I decided to cut it in strips and fold them.  It worked not at all.  Everyone complained about the weird shaped roles that the ham did not fit on. 

And, next Thursday the little girl will be 5, so we had a surprise birthday party.  Remember when we had a surprise party for Debbie.  This went the same way.  She would not blow out the candles, and it took her a while to even get into the presents.


Robert, on the other hand said, 'I like birthdays.'  He helped me decorate and set up the presents while  Hannah was outside.  He was a little concerned that it was Hannah's happy birthday and she might get all the presents.  He kept asking, 'for Robert?'


After a while the presents won her over.  She got no less than 2 princess play dresses with crowns and a real kids camera.  



Robert got LOTS of trucks.


 Both girls got an 'I am the favorite' shirt.




We went to the store with this on.  Daddy said we had to change, but Grandma put leggings on her and she looked beautiful.




Everyone had a great time.  The big girl played at the neighbor's house most of the day, so this is the only picture I got of her.  She looks so grownup now.  It makes me want to cry.

 




3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I know she loved the party. Astrid is a big girl too. They grow up and the big world gets more important than our little world. The sad part is we can not protect them in the hollow of our hand anymore

Sister--Helen said...

the sad part is we cannot protect them more each day that they grow.....The first day born we have the most control of looking after them...we loose some each day after that....and once they learn to drive it is all over..

Fleta, I love our Christmas present. The first pic of Greg looks a little redish...was it just an adjustment....of course my favorite one is of that Robert boy and that last pic of Hanna could be used in an add...she looks like a tinker bell add..Ilove them all,

Sister--Helen said...

I had to look one more time and yes...the last picture is picture perfect!....but boy that Robert is special..