Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Calendar

Last week Helen was playing with blogger and changing her design around. I like my blog the way it is and do not see that any of their designs would be an improvement. I like for the actual blog post to be the main feature of the page, with everything else as just side dressing. That means that all the things around the post need to be low key. However, as you can see, I now have my Google calendar at the top of the page right under the header. A year ago when I got my new laptop, I took the calendar Helen had made for us and put the birthdays and anniversaries into my Outlook calendar. I took me several hours to get this all entered, but since then, Outlook reminds me of all these days. I really like this reminder feature. This morning, I was thinking maybe I could have outlook send reminders to the sisters of all these dates. But, while I was trying to figure that out, I found that I could export my Outlook calendar to Google mail. After I did that, I found instructions on how to make my Google calendar a part of a webpage. I really just wanted to put my Google calendar on the blog and have it stay at the top of the blog. Well, actually, I wanted it in the left margin, but that was not a ready option with the design I have. Anyway, now, we will have our calendar of days at the top of my page all the time. Maybe I will find something else I want to add, not that I have figured out how it works.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

i am glad to see your family days.

Hope George got more yeast.