Saturday, January 15, 2011

WI FI

This morning when I connected to the net with my laptop, my wireless device downloaded an update for the program on the computer and a firmware update for the device itself. Now, tonight when I went to connect with the laptop, it connected via WI FI instead of the way it was. I have the internet device now plugged in to the charger in a regular outlet. I took the laptop to the back of the house and could still use the net from back there. For the laptop at least, I have now 'cut the wires, baby...'

Also, I uploaded all the pictures I had taken of the grave markers at the Fairgrove (Grim) cemetery to my CCHS genealogy website in less than 15 minutes. With dialup, it would take 3 or 4 hours to get them uploaded.

I copied my documents and pictures to the portable drive this morning in about 2 hours. I am very pleased with the drive. Now, I have to figure out how to backup my email from the old computer to the portable drive. I have done that at work with outlook, so I know it is possible.

And, while I was looking at what I copied to the drive, I found some pictures on the computer of Emmy before she was a year old. I did not know I still had any pictures on the computer from earlier than 2003 when I got my first digital camera.

All in all it has been a good day.

I hope Greta is doing alright. Betty, you need to post an update.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

I'm glad you found some lost pictures...