Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beginning

I am not a farmer, but I was raised by a farmer. To a farmer, the year begins in the spring, not on January 1. George and I have had this discussion many times. He has done much more actual farming than I will ever do and he thinks the year begins on January 1 and ends on December 31 just like Helen. For me, Spring is the beginning, be it a year, a process, or a life.

Hannah is in the Spring of her life. Winter is where I stand now, in my life and my year. Soon, Spring will be here and a new year will begin. My life will still be wintering over.

Have you ever heard of anything new wintering up?

Hope springs eternal. Winter wears thermal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my life I missed fall....I never had a fall.

Galla Creek said...

I like that hope springs eternal...winter wears thermal. It is cold here.