Saturday, November 27, 2010

Broadband all the way

Now we are cooking with gas.

I now have broadband on my real computer. Given my drethers, I drether use a real keyboard, real mouse, on a real computer. I am sure if I used the laptop a lot, I would get used to the toy keyboard and the toy mouse, but that may not happen. I hooked the little Verizon broadband thingy up to my real computer and presto chango, I have broadband on both computers. I am using the real computer and the real keyboard now to post this. I am very, very pleased.

The main thing that has been bothering me about my old computer is that IE will not update. I still have IE 6 point something or other and it will not update. That means that now many of the things on the web do not work at all anymore with IE, plus it keeps downloading the update and asking to install, but the install will not work, so IE is stuck in the download, update loop. I now have Mozilla Foxfire and Google Chrome that Betty recommended. I made the chrome thingy my default browser, so that should take care of many of the problems with my computer.

Now, I am going to try to find out how to get one of these other browsers to put the bookmarks along the right side of the page instead of having to click and find where I want to go. That is what I like about IE above the other browsers, having all the book marks (or favorites as IE calls them) right there on the page, with folders closed until I click on a bookmark folder.

Now, I am going to go start up my laptop and see if I can connect it wirelessly, with the Mobile device actually connected to the computer. I am sure it will. Then, I will just leave this thing hooked to the real computer and run the broadband off the laptop wireless.

So far I am a happy camper on the computer broadband front.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cooking with gas....but out of all of us I am most happy Patty has high speed..helen