Friday, October 01, 2010

Foggy Bottom



along Dry Creek this am. Even though I did not have to go to work today, I still woke up at 4 am. We were all fogged in. George's deer dog barked about 6 am and I looked out to see 3 deer running down by my fruit trees just a hundred yards or so from the house. We didn't see many deer during the hot weather, but George sees 2 or 3 most mornings now. I am hoping to see herds walking up the lane again this winter.

I went to Harrison today and stopped by the library to use their restroom. They were having a book sale. I bought a new bird identification book. I miss placed the one I had and cannot find it anywhere. This one was $5. I got 2 older cook books for $1 each and 2 paper backs for 10 cents each.

Yesterday, someone at work was talking about what they were going to do this week end. I said that today I was going to do only what I damn well wanted to do. So far, I have stuck to my guns on that.

Tomorrow we are going to Betty's to get Hannah's bed. Right now they live in a small apartment, but her mother said today that they will move to a house on Nov. 1. I am thinking I may buy Hannah new bedding and new curtains for her birthday. December 2nd she will be 4 years old. It does not seem possible. This morning it was in the 40's so the two babies got to wear the new jackets I got them to school. Hannah loves her's because it is really, really soft.

Helen says she does not post many pictures so her page will load quickly for us dialup people. I am with Patsy, I like pictures. I think Helen really doesn't like to post pictures because she cannot take good pictures. But then she cannot write very well either and she still writes on the blog.

George brush hogged the garden yesterday and today he tilled it. I guess we are ready for winter. The tree trimmers for Carroll Electric are going around here with one of those brush shredding machines and George is getting them to dump the shreddings here. They will make good mulch next spring.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You and Larry are already dreaming of the next garden, better than the last one.

Anonymous said...

good mulch...all is fine here the library has over 50 computers all new and faxt...this is not too bad...helen tell patsy to fix her anonymous because real soon I will be posting that way from my home.,......no passwords at all on the computer....will still ck email from here several times a day...it's only half a mile...