Sunday, October 03, 2010

Yesterday



We drove down to Betty's, circling through Ponca on the way. We saw these three turkeys, just before getting to Ponca.



And these 5 female elk close to where we say the herd of 200 or so elk this spring. Missouri is trying to buy some Arkansas elk as a starter herd in Mark Twain National Forest. At first, it was thought the elk could just be rounded up and sent off, but no. There has to be an impact study, I think on both the elk that stay and the elk that leave Arkansas. Plus, all elk that are leaving must be penned up for at least 2 months prior to the sale. I am sure the farmers along the Buffalo would like to see the elk in Missouri.




I took several pictures yesterday. This was taken from my deck at 7:45 am.

Today, we have to get Hannah's furniture to her. She is getting a bed with mattress and box springs, a chest, and a small dresser with a mirror that is just her height. But the thing she will be the most proud of, is a little pink and purple plastic dressing table with a small stool, mirrors, lights, and sound. She will be so excited when she sees it. She loves make up.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sigrid is passing on her favorite toys. She said...'the drawers on that dresser don't open very good. I sprayed Momma's perfume on them and that really helped them slide open." So Hannah may have to try that!

Anonymous said...

hannah will love it I am sure...We 3 are at the library on computers...Benjamin thinks this is the greatest thing...helen

Anonymous said...

I remember those pond banks looked 20 feet tall when I was 5 and used to slide dorn them...then we would go to the house and Mama would say....have you all been down to that pond...and I would say no....with red clay all over my behind