Monday, July 12, 2010

Too Much Flower










The marigolds in the last row of the garden next to the tomatoes and pepper plants grew too heavy and fell over onto the tomatoes and peppers after the rain yesterday. I went down and just pushed them over toward the grass away from the vegetables. It worked like magic. Now the veggies have room to breath. I have a few strawberry plants in this first row, but the rest is just a jungle of flowers.
The corn is falling over, but I think it will be fine. There is a lot more there than I will use anyway. Brother is supposed to come down tomorrow and pick the tomatoes and some corn if he wants that too. If George was not working censusing, I would send him to the farmers market with tomatoes on Wednesday morning.

2 comments:

patsy said...

what is that flower in the first photo? my marigolds are like yours all bush very few blooms if it would get hot and dry they should really burst out.

Galla Creek said...

Man, you and George are Master gardeners.