Saturday, July 17, 2010

Seeds 4 Sale



This is the way I was storing the seeds I collected this week. I have tall zinnias, short zinnias, short daisy like zinnias, tall marigolds, and short marigolds, and dill in the paper bag.



But the tall marigolds were on a newspaper in the back room to dry. After taking the first picture, I felt of the zinnias and the short marigolds and they felt soft with moisture. I now have them spread out to dry. My zinnias are not doing as well as the other flowers. Some of them are dying. I think because everything was planted too thick and there was much rain. Some of them still are doing OK, but most of the short ones are almost dead. I picked the blooms. Maybe they will come back, and maybe not. I guess I have plenty of flowers in any case.

I think after these all dry, I will put them in plastic baggies, but they have to be in something where they can breath until they are completely dry or they will collect mildew and rot. On the newspapers, they should completely dry in about a week. Rotten flowers for rotten sisters would be about right.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

they will all be pretty next spring