Monday, March 15, 2010

OK





I will explain.
We drove down to the Bufffalo River yesterday and saw this very, very, very large herd of Elk about 1 to 2 miles from Ponca on the road to Boxley Valley. There were at least a hundred in this herd, all lounging around in this one field that was not any larger than my pasture. I have read in the local paper about the farmers along the Buffalo complaining about the Elk eating up their crops. Can you imagine being a cattle farmer and having to feed a herd of 100 large animals. And, it is illegal to even try to scare them off your land.
But, they were neat to look at when they were not infringing on my livelihood. I got a lot more pictures. I really like the one where the cow is sticking her tongue out at me.
I purposely did not write anything about the pictures because I thought they would really confuse Helen. I was hoping she would think this was here at the Rock Quarry.
And, as we were coming up from Dry Creek, we caught J. R. burning off his fields.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

J. R is killing weeds and you were killing time at Boxley. I love it there.

Galla Creek said...

Stole the Elk photos for the Dog blog.