Monday, February 04, 2008

Coin School, 1945-46 school year


Click on the photo to see if full sized.

I am transcribing Carroll County School census records for our CCHS Quarterly. This quarter I did the Coin School 1930-34. Vineta Wingate got this picture of Coin 1945-46 from Joy Smothers Smith Molder.

Is Patsy in here? I don't see her. Maybe Richard, bottom extreme right.

This is how Vineta, Joy and whoever else helped her indentified the people.

Coin School 1945-1946 all standing by building
left to right
back row
teacher Auburn Green, Joy Smothers, Virginia Molder, Emma Molder, Dale Molder, Cecil Rogers, Emily Faye Horn
middle row (I did this one zigzag but you should be able to follow)
Roger Molder, Russell Molder faced covered by boy in front, Leon Magness shorter boy, Burton Plott blond boy, maybe Buddy Fry shorter boy, Freddie Mae Smothers girl in white, little blond girl maybe Patsy Powell, dark headed boy maybe Gene Davidson mouth covered by boy in front, ??boy lighter hair combed to side, Loyce Magness
front row
James Smothers, ? maybe Buddy Fry, maybe Harold Dean Christian ??, Larry Molder, Loy Allen Magness, maybe Richard Powell????


PATSY, LET ME KNOW IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE. I WILL CALL VENITA TOMORROW NIGHT AND LET HER KNOW WHAT YOU SAY.

I personally don't think I see anyone in the picture that could be Patsy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

surely pat will know if she is in there. sis 3

patsy said...

i had broke my arm playing on the school ground and doctor mccuary had me stay home for 3 months. not like today when they send you back to tyson in the afternoon when you cut your head off.

patsy said...

i guess we are in this picture. i would know that kid richard anywhere and i down loaded the photo and croped it and the dress on blonde headed kid is like the ones grandma powell made me.

Anonymous said...

Patsy, you better take another look at this picture. I don't know if either you or Richard is in it our not, but in MARCH 1946, you and Richard are living on Dry Creek and are counted on the Coin School census. I put up the scan of that on Jan 02 here

http://1stsister.blogspot.com/2008/01/1946.html

So, you must have went to Coin part of this year.

BUT, I don't think that girl that they say might be you is you. I DO THINK the little boy at bottom right is RICHARD...

Sister Fleta

patsy said...

daddy trafered us in 46. so We are in this photo but only Richard in the 46-47 picture . as I said that year I broke my arm.

patsy said...

If someone will find the photo of me and Richard in front of car at denver. I think maybe the face on me at that time looks like the girl with dress. grandma made my dresses that year and she alway made them that way. I know Richard. I would know the fool anywhere. He made my life misable.
I tore one of the nice dresses she made me climbing over the gate in rogers barn yard and she never made me any more. Mama took the dress I tore to grandma and ask her to fix it. grandma said it couldn't be mended .That dress hung in grandma attic for years on a hanger, the first thing you would see when you went up there to play which I did often. I am sure grandma hung it out in plan sight to shame me.

Anonymous said...

I miss read what you wrote, or maybe you miss wrote what I read. I guess that girl is you. I just know that boy is Richard. I am sending the pic to Leon Magness. See if he know anyone. Both Barbara Magness and Venita Terherst said the girl you say is you thought that girl looked like me. I just never thought you were as good looking as I am, but maybe you are.

Fleta

patsy said...

the only blonde in the school besides me was marlyin swore and she had long braides. she isn't in the group standing and i seem to remember she was not there that day.