Saturday, March 04, 2023

I Give Up!

On Microsoft's Edge on my new computer.  I just got tired of trying to make it do what I wanted instead of all that promotion of itself crap.  It is just really insists in all things Windows even on the web. I downloaded Chrome this morning and even that was difficult because Microsoft would not let the download acto link work.  Had to result to manual download and then had to select Chrome as default on about 20 ro 30 different file types one at a time.

 

Then last straw fell in Campobell County, Tennessee last night.  I was trying to find an early map of Campbell County, Tennessee and download it as an image.  Finally got something from National Archives, but then tried the same thing for North Carolina and could not get there.  That's the trouble with trying to go somewhere with Microsoft Edge on the web.  The answer is often "There is no way to get there from HERE!".

 

Chrome offers easier control from me.  Maybe partly because that is what we have to use at work, but anyway I wanted a familiar road, not a maze.



Campbell County, Tennessee 1826.



No comments: