Thursday, February 24, 2022

Home bound

At least for me.  I am sure my Chevy truck would have gotten  me to work today, but I really do not want to drive on this.  I may go tomorrow.  Nothing has fallen since a little after dark last night.  It is still really cold, 24 degrees. 

Here is a picture of real ice, for prospective.


This was January 27, 2009. 

Donna's broccoli soup recipe made me hungry so I made some at noon when I got home yesterday.  No recipe as usual, but I used bacon for added flavor and frozen broccoli because that is all I had.  Also, used the cheese I had, chicken stock, and a cup of real whipping cream left over from my desert craze a couple of weeks ago.

I have been trying to eat more heathy, eliminate sugar, more vegetables, less calories.  Bacon and cream are out of place on that list, but they made the soup really good.  I did not bother with the carrots, but I am add some canned carrots when I eat left overs for lunch today.

I am going to get dressed and walk down the road, maybe to Dan's and maybe just to Helen's. We will see how it goes.



No comments: